Who we are
Royal New York is an independent family-owned company founded in 1994 which sources and provides specialty coffee, tea and focused education to roasters, tea houses, cafes, and aspiring professionals throughout the United States. “The Lab”, opened in 2016, is our modern education facility providing an all-encompassing curriculum of coffee and tea education primarily geared toward professional development. RNY is a diverse and exciting company focused on the growth and innovation of the specialty coffee and tea markets. Royal is looking for hard working, independent thinkers to contribute to our growing staff of coffee, tea and education specialists.
Who you are
As the Lead Instructor for The Lab you will be a seasoned educator in various areas of specialty coffee & tea. The Lead Instructor will be knowledgeable in roasting, barista training, espresso extraction, cupping and preferably a Q-grader. You have high energy, are very detail and schedule-oriented, a strong public speaker with a get it done attitude. Teaching at The Lab will provide you the opportunity to expand your knowledge and exposure of the specialty coffee & tea industry while contributing to its advancement through education.
• Oversee day to day operations at The Lab and guide its progress and development.
• Develop and teach educational content for the specialty coffee & tea communities.
• Manage the class schedules, attendee’s agenda and supportive staff at the Lab.
• Participate and teach at industry conferences and events for The Lab.
• Hard working, engaging, enjoy speaking with new people in a business environment.
• Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
• Self-motivated with a professional attitude and desire for success.
• Proven experience as an educator with references (SCA pathway experience is a plus).
• Roasting and Barista experience.
• A college degree.
• Capable of working some weekends.
This is a full-time salaried position with company paid medical benefits. For consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org