Who we are
Royal New York is an independent family-owned company founded in 1994 which sources and provides specialty coffee, tea and focused education to roasters, tea houses, cafes, and aspiring professionals throughout the United States. “The Lab”, opened in 2016, is our modern education facility providing an all-encompassing curriculum of coffee and tea education primarily geared toward professional development. Royal New York is a diverse and exciting company focused on the growth and innovation of the specialty coffee and tea markets. Royal New York is looking for hard working, independent thinkers to contribute to our growing staff of coffee, tea and education specialists.
Who you are
As the Assistant Educator, you’ll be you will be passionate about coffee, tea, and people. Having experience in various aspects of specialty coffee and tea with a desire to collaborate and share knowledge would make you the ideal candidate. The Assistant Educator could be knowledgeable in the barista arts, espresso extraction, barista training, cupping, sample roasting, production roasting or tea tasting. Working at The Lab will provide you the opportunity to expand your knowledge and exposure to the specialty coffee and tea industries while contributing to their development through education. You will need to have high energy, be very detail and schedule-oriented with a hard working, get-it-done attitude.
• Assist in the delivery of coffee and tea classes hosted at The Lab as assigned by the Director of Education
• Organize the class schedules, attendee’s agenda and setup/breakdown of all classes.
• Collaborate with the Education and Marketing Specialist to publish product information in written and digital media as required;
• Participate in industry conferences and events for The Lab.
• Aid in the sampling, roasting and cupping of coffee and tea (training provided).
• Hard working, engaging, enjoy speaking with new people in a business environment.
• Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
• Self-motivated with a professional attitude and desire for success.
• Capable of working some weekends.
This is a full-time salaried position with company paid medical benefits. For consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org