There are over 33,000 coffee shops in the U.S. alone, thousands more open up every year. What will set or does set your retail experience apart from the next? In this 1 day course, we will review and collaborate on the steps of creating and sustaining a wonderful specialty coffee retail experience. We will go over the basics of opening a business or sustaining the 1 you have, all the way through expanding to more stores.
Specifically, in this one day course we will cover:
· Planning and Budgeting - rent, labor, cost of goods, marketing, and operating expenses
· Coffee Equipment and Supplies – Choosing the right equipment and basic install and maintenance
· Product - Choosing the rights products for your café, whether coffee, milk or travel mugs
· The Space – Café layout, design and the customer experience
· You Menu – Drink creation, development and costing/pricing
· Your Staff - Interviewing, hiring, training, and retaining great employees
· Your Leaders - Coffee shop management hiring, training & resources
· Operations – Inventory, ordering, par setting, sales and labor planning and QC
· Retail Sales and Marketing – Tips for increasing profitability
· What’s Next? Expansion and growing your business to the next level?
This course is designed for both the person who desires to start their own business, as well as the person who owns a coffee shop and wants to collaborate and figure out what is next for them.